Forum Topic

Small cobbler/engravers by Greggs Bakery - Uxbridge Road

Hi AllI would like to warn you from using this shop - I took my best pair of heels to be repaired, which is a simple £5 job, just to replace the plastic bit of sole as it had worn down. I have had it done many times before at reputable shoe menders so didn't give it another thought when I dropped my shoes off. However, I wish I had never gone here. When I collected them I thought the guy who worked there was pulling my leg. He had cut the heels OFF! I was completely gobsmacked, and absolutely livid, not to mention very upset. The guy was totally blasé about the situation, showing me on his little tape measure that he'd only chopped off a couple of inches! I asked and asked again what the hell he thought he was playing at, and the whole time he was acting dumb saying 'I'm a professional.' I don't understand how he came to think that he could butcher my favourite, irreplaceable designer shoes that cost a fortune. I can only think that he somehow damaged the heel so thought that he'd just chop them in two to disguise his mistake. Suffice to say they are obviously completely un-wearable, what with half the heel missing - you would fall backwards. I'm most angry because he didn't apologise, didn't care and maintained that it was only 2 inches so what's the problem?! Plus he even had the cheek to ask for me to pay!So, sorry to rant here, but I'm still absolutely fuming. Please avoid this shop unless you want 'customised' footwear. The shop should be shut down if this is the level of customer service and skill that they provide.

Jessica McCrow ● 3578d0 Comments